Sunday, July 31, 2016

Trip to the Japanese American National Museum

Today I'm sharing two layouts featuring photos taken during a June 1st trip to the Japanese American National Museum. My friend Tiffany knows I love origami and surprised me with a trip to the "Above the Fold" exhibition. This special exhibit is open until August 21, 2016, so if you are in the Los Angeles area you still have time to see it in person!

The first layout was inspired by Sketch #211 on the Sketches In Thyme blog
For this sketch to work with my selected photos, I turned the sketch on its right side. For the page title, I cut from the exhibit brochure and also included the yellow admission sticker we were each given to enter the museum.
 For some of the background papers, I used origami papers because they are so pretty and kept with the theme of the museum exhibit.
The second layout was inspired by the July 15th sketch from the Stuck?! Sketches blog:
Since these pages will go next to each other in an album, I used some more origami papers for the background layers so that the pages would feel "related." I also used some of the same flowers to embellish this page.

 Once again, the page title (as well as the vertical photo next to it) were cut from the exhibit brochure.

Until next time...Happy scrapbooking and papercrafting!!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout. Love the colors and the flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting layouts Emilee.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    ~Helen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used parts of the brochure! Wonderful page! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete