Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tim Holtz Distress Crayons



After seeing this video of Tim Holtz demonstrating Distress Crayons, I knew I wanted to add a set of these to my stash. 

Luckily, my friend Jill and I already had plans to visit Daisy Lane (in Mattoon, IL) where I knew they'd have a full stock of everything on my shopping list! 

This is one of the largest stores I've seen and we spent the afternoon shopping and cropping in their classroom. This was the perfect opportunity to experiment with my new Distress Crayons and other products that jumped into my shopping cart! 

Here are two of the layouts I finished on this trip. On the first, I used Distress Crayons and a water brush to make the page background. It was fun to play with the colors and to create a feeling that reminded me of our recent vacation.

For the second page background, I used Distress Ink and splattered water around the edges of the page. This created the look and feel of water splashing on the pool deck in the pictures.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!! 





1 comment:

  1. Nice! I like how the distress ink turned out. I knew you would find lots of goodies to try at Daisy Lane.

    ReplyDelete