Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Gingerbread House Cards

In this post, I’m sharing the final steps of embellishing and assembling my Gingerbread House cards. I featured the initial steps in my previous post. 

These cards are the first in my effort to work on Christmas cards throughout the year. The hope being to have cards made and ready to sent BEFORE December 25, 2018!!

After watercoloring the Gingerbread House image with Tim Holtz Distress inks, I added additional details by coloring with glitter gel pens! 


Next, I added some “sugar” to the gumdrops and some “shimmer” to the icicles using some clear and silver Stickles!


Recently, I found some adorable gingerbread embellishments for only $1 at Hobby Lobby. I thought they’d be perfect for these cards! 

For the greeting, I selected this cute greeting that was part of the Gingerbread House Stampin Up set...

And here is a look at the completed card! 

Next up...Valentines!! Until next time...Happy Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to get ahead of Dec 18. I love the sugar and shimmer ❤️

    ReplyDelete