Saturday, January 13, 2018

Hello 2018!

Happy New Year! Welcome 2018!

Last year around this time, I shared my 2017 Resolution which was “to use more paper than I purchased.” At first, I tried to keep a running tally of paper used and paper purchases. But, I soon found that hard to keep up with. Instead, I focused on avoiding purchases and digging into my paper stash!

As I reflect on these efforts, I’ve gotta say I kinda met this goal because I definitely curbed my paper purchases. Plus, I consistently used my stash and had a blast using papers that were collected 5, 10 even 15 years ago!

How did you do with your 2017 Resolution? Have you set any new goals for 2018?

My 2018 Resolution is to use the rubber stamps in my stash - especially those that have never been used. Here’s my first effort....

Several years ago, I was “into” anything with gingerbread men. I still love them and decided to finally use a cute gingerbread house stamp set in order to get a head start on this year's Christmas cards, too. Here is a peek at my progress so far....



To add color, I wanted to try watercolor. Did you know you can watercolor with Tim Holtz Distress Inks?! Just dab an ink pad onto an acrylic block to transfer some ink and add a water brush. 



The water coloring is finished so now I just need to decide how to make finishing touches and add a card base! I’ll share these steps in my next post! Stay tuned!

Until next time, happy scrap booking and paper crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment