Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Challenge YOUrself #26: One Little Word


For this layout, I decided to try something very different (at least for me)......It's based on Ali Edwards' "One Little Word" and I was inspired by the Challenge YOUrself #26. Please visit the Challege YOUrself blog for more details.


The first part of this challenge required me to choose a word..... Love? Hope? Enjoy? In the end, I decided on "CREATE" because it made me think of so many wonderful things.

On this layout alone, I noted 5 or 6 different things I like to create: friendships, photos, happiness, memories, gardens and art. (To be perfectly honest, I don't really create gardens but I do like the gardens created by my loved ones.)

The other part of this challenge was to include a photo of myself on the page -- I used not 1 but 4 photos of myself! That's quite an accomplishment since many times I'm missing from my scrapbook pages. But, that's part of what the Challenge YOUrself blog is all about! :)


For this page, I was in the mood to make a collage. With that in mind here's how the layout started...just a pile of selected photos and potential embellishments,,,,,, 


With this pile of seemingly random items on my table, I wasn't sure how this was going to work. But, after placing a few of the larger photos, the rest of the collage started to fall together. I'm excited with the way it turned out. Isn't it amazing what "one little word" can inspire? What's your "one little word?"







5 comments:

  1. I love your one little word so much! And the photos with YOU in them! What a wonderful and fun layout! We are so happy that you joined us at Challenge YOUrself this month! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love that you used your word so creatively; I never would've thought of that! Totally am gonna scraplift this LO/concept idea if that's ok with you (let me know) Kate (CY)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know you captured your audience with that one little word. Such a fun layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a creativity! Well done! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice page love your word is the best. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete