Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Let's Get Sketchy - February Week 2



Here's the February Week 2 Sketch from the Let's Get Sketchy blog! Always in favor of putting more than 1 or 2 photos on a page, I loved the fact this sketch had 3 photo frames. Another thing I liked about it was all the layers in the background. After seeing some of the examples by the LGS design team, I decided to try something new for this background.


First, I got out one of my favorite stickable/removeable templates (from BoBunny) and applied some texture paste (by Ranger) to the background.


After the texture past dried, I stamped on top of the paste. This is the first time I've done this and I liked the results. I plan to try this again in the near future as I'd like to experiment with different background stamps and maybe a lighter color of base paper.


The base paper and chipboard frames are both from "Simple Stories." The paper I've had in my stash for awhile, but the frames were purchased just last week at The Paper Forest in Washington, IL (www.thepaperforest.com). Here's how the page turned out! 


Until next time, Happy Scrapping!


10 comments:

  1. Love the background!
    Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! All the best from LGS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing page. I Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special background and beautiful page.Thanks for joining us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout!Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done, thank you so much for joining us at LGS, we love having you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, love everything! Thank you for joining us @LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page, love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome background work!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us @LGS:)

    ReplyDelete